Mr. Small's Theatre

Wednesday, July 25th, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA

w/ Sarah Jaffe

OCDBT4ME 05/22/12

Outstanding!!  I love this venue!!  Thanks for adding a Pittsburgh show, guys!!

OCDBT4ME 07/26/12

What an incredible experience last night's show was!  Thank you, guys, for bringing such joy to my life and for being such humble, sweet anomalies in the world of rock 'n roll!  Safe journeys!

~Tina

Jamieson 07/27/12

great venue, sound was awesome, and the heavy playing pleased the rocker chic in me :)  here's a set list to the best of my recollection:

astronaut

hey joe

not your lover 

sleepytime in western world

saturday nite

texaco

wild mountain nation

love the way you walk away

taking it easy too long

lady on the water

god and suicide

furr

black river killer

*at some point around here, the songs took a nasty, dirty, aggresive turn in the best way possible

fletcher

fire & fast bullets

street fighting sun (with major jam continuing at the end)

miss spiritual tramp

gold for bread

jericho

devil's a-go-go

can't recall the whole encore but i know that eric came out to play the man who would speak true.  perhaps OCDBT4ME can help fill in the blanks.

OCDBT4ME 07/29/12
OCDBT4ME 07/29/12

I vividly recall 'Might Find it Cheap' as part of the encore, too. :)

And I loved how that 'nasty, dirty, aggressive turn' morphed the gently swaying hippies into foot stompin', fist pumpin' revelers! 

I've seen a ton of live bands in the past several decades, but I have never seen anyone strum their guitar as forcefully and 'crisply' as Eric Earley.  One second he's cradling the mic with both hands, singing sweetly, and then he leans back on one foot...and with precision timing... BAM! -- he crunches the shit out of those strings! It's ballistic!!

Say something about this show