2009 Tour Dates

ALady 12/15/08

A friend of mine just gave me the heads up that Blitzen Trapper are playing the Bottletree in Birmingham, AL on March 7:

http://www.ticketbiscuit.com/bottletree/EventPage.aspx?EID=26329&

Any other tour dates floating around out there?

madhatter1o6 12/15/08

http://pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=74964&SortBy=Date&SearchBy=blitzen%20trapper

Looks like 1/25/09 in Portland as well....

Can't wait for more dates. Looks like they'll be hitting A LOT of the country. Pulling for some NC dates!

madhatter1o6 12/15/08

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1184643?tm_link=edp_Artist_Name

6 more dates listed there, Detroit, Boston, NYC, Philly, Lawrence, KS.

Band Member
marty 12/15/08

hey folks, we're heading out on the endless road again come February 18, 2009 for another jaunt out east and back, kudos to alady and madhatter for the investigative digging. I think the whole tour is going to be announced real soon, it's gonna be a blast. stay tuned!

incidentally madhatter, I once played the march hare in a college production of "through the looking glass." I killed it so good that one of my english profs hired me to get in character one more time to entertain his kid's preschool class, which ended up being way more surreal than the carroll story...

mk 12/15/08
Music Saves 12/15/08

See you Feb. 19 at the Empty Bottle in Chicago!

nooneastern 12/16/08

hopefully i will make it up to Pearl Street or The Paradise up in Massachusetts when you come around here. and i never go to shows ! you're looking at a 30 year old dude that probably hasn't been to a show since the Olivia Tremor Control broke up almost 10 years ago. haha. so that's saying something.

ALady 12/16/08

Hells to the yes! Music Saves, I'll see you at the Bottle!

I'd love to hit up one of those NYC shows with Plants and Animals...that's a pretty sweet double bill.

madhatter1o6 12/16/08

NOOOOOOOO! March 5 is one of the few days I may have trouble traveling to a show on! I'll have to do some planning.... Maybe a late add of a March 3 date at Cat's Cradle in between D.C. and Athens? I know it'd be a long stretch with a show a night but these guys need to show Chapel Hill some love.

maymei 12/17/08

March 2, 2009 @ Black Cat yay i am sooo excited! should stop by Virginia too!

rowdyroddy 12/17/08

Awesome, March 12th at the Hi Dive....couldn't have picked a better venue

volte 12/17/08

Why oh why are the NYC, BOTH NYC dates, 18+? Or is the Bowery all ages and last.fm lied? I will be one sad girl if the Bowery is 18+. So any clarification, thank you.

Really really really dying to go.

EDIT: Maybe I'll drive to Philly... :o

ALady 12/29/08

Will there be posters for the spring tour? I really liked the one from last year's tour with Fleet Foxes.

rowdyroddy 12/29/08

mods/mod/Matt? - hey guys, I think you should post the tour dates to the main page here at blitzentrapper.net

everyone I tell about the tour, goes to this site, clicks on "Tour" and sees the statement "Thanks everyone for coming out for the tour, etc, etc love b.trapp"...and then calls BS on me about the upcoming tour.

or I can just do it here for now I suppose

# Sunday, January 25, 2009
Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR
Crystal Ballroom’s 95th birthday celebration!! Free Show

# Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Cedar Cultural Centre, Minneapolis MN

# Thursday, February 19, 2009
Empty Bottle, Chicago IL

# Friday, February 20, 2009
Magic Stick, Detroit MI

# Saturday, February 21, 2009
Horseshoe Tavern, Toronto Canada

# Sunday, February 22, 2009
La Sala Rosa (Montreal), Montreal Canada

# Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Bug Jar, Rochester NY

# Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Pearl Street, Northampton MA

# Thursday, February 26, 2009
Paradise (MA), Boston MA

# Friday, February 27, 2009
Bowery Ballroom, The, New York City NY

# Saturday, February 28, 2009
Music Hall of Williamsburg, Brooklyn NY

# Sunday, March 1, 2009
First Unitarian Church, Philadelphia PA

# Monday, March 2, 2009
Black Cat, Washington DC

# Wednesday, March 4, 2009
40 Watt Club, Athens GA

# Thursday, March 5, 2009
Orange Peel, Asheville NC

# Friday, March 6, 2009
Mercy Lounge, Nashville TN

# Saturday, March 7, 2009
Bottletree, Birmingham AL

# Sunday, March 8, 2009
Hi-Tone, Memphis TN

# Monday, March 9, 2009
The Opolis, Norman OK

# Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Jackpot Saloon, Lawrence KA

# Thursday, March 12, 2009
Hi-Dive, Denver CO

# Friday, March 13, 2009
Kilby Court, Salt Lake City UT

Trapper Team
Matt 12/29/08

Thanks for the nudge dude. Just posted. I'll try to get ticket links up soon as well. :)

UPDATE: Ticket links are go!

rowdyroddy 12/29/08

sweet...I just used the denver link and bought a fistful of tix. can't wait

greenstar 1/11/09

maymei is right -- try to find time for virginia
richmond and charlottesville have some good venues
i just stumbled onto bt
now i'm yours
hook, line, and sinker

ALady 1/12/09

The Chicago date is already sold out. Well done, gents!

Music Saves 1/12/09

Whew, glad I got in then. I figured they would sell out eventually, but maybe not so quick. Well done indeed!

ALady 1/14/09

I wonder if they might move it to a bigger venue...maybe the Logan Square Auditorium? A bunch of my friends missed out on tickets and some dude is scalping them on craigslist for $55. Yikes!

Trapper Team
Matt 1/14/09

Good news! BT's gonna play a second, early set in Chicago. Same venue (Empty Bottle), starting at 7pm. Here's the link to buy tickets!

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=890204

Music Saves 1/14/09

I thought this might happen. I saw British Sea Power there last year at what turned out to be the early show, since they had to had a late show. Between setting up the equipment and some sort of technical difficulty, they didn't start til 20-25 minutes after they were supposed to, thus shortening their set, since they had to usher everyone out to get the next group in. Glad I have the late show here.:)

ALady 1/14/09

Yay! Thanks Matt, you guys rock! Just ordered tickets for my friends.

maymei 1/25/09

I went to black cat yesterday and saw a Blitzen Trapper poster there. I was like OMG I can't wait till Mar 2!!!!

ALady 1/30/09

Coachella, eh? Very nice!

I'm crossing my fingers for a triumphant return to Sasquatch, too...

purplebeeve 1/31/09

I am so excited for the Minneapolis Show. I missed them, when they were in town before. Can't wait!!!:):)

ALady 2/4/09

Wow, BOTH Chicago shows sold out now. Y'all are en fuego!

Darz22 2/4/09

Minneapolis 2/18 show has been moved from the Cedar Cultural Center to First Avenue.

I'm guessing guessing someone realized there was more demand for the band than the Cedar could handle.

Darz22 2/4/09

Oh, and according to Ticketmaster, tickets for the show at the Cedar will be honored at First Ave.

jryan 2/7/09

I bought a ticket to the later show at the Empty Bottle before the early show was added. Since I have the sleeping habits of an old man, I was wondering if anyone would like to trade my late ticket for an early ticket. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

michael 2/8/09

Hey, through a series of stupid moves I am without a ticket to the Chicago Empty Bottle shows. I need two to either show, preferably the late show. PLEASE help.

Email me at [email protected]

ALady 2/13/09

SXSW showcase on 3/19 at the Radio Room Patio. Nice bill - Vetiver, No Age and the Handsome Furs are on there, too.

Trapper Team
Matt 2/13/09

Damn, I haven't even seen that yet! You're quick!

ALady 2/17/09

Ha, just trying to plan my SXSW schedule. :) Are there any day parties in the works?

Trapper Team
Matt 2/17/09

There's just one, which coincidentally will be announced tomorrow. Stay tuned!

GrangerLang 2/17/09

Sasquatch '09! Glorious. I'm totally there.

New Post?

Sign In Create Account